Secret creeks, beaches and harbours in Fornells, Menorca
In this article you will discover:
- The beaches closest to the town of Fornells
- The most beautiful beaches and secret corners of the bay of Fornells
- The places where you can have a good swim in the town of Fornells
- And our recommendations to fully enjoy this area of northern Menorca
In the town of Fornells there are no sandy beaches. On the one hand, there are beaches and coves on the other side of the bay (not accessible on foot). On the other hand, there are stone corners to have a good swim. So, if what you are looking for is a real sandy beach, here are the closest ones:
- 2-3km from the town of Fornells
- Typical beach in the north of Menorca: reddish sand and wild atmosphere
- Accessible from Fornells on foot, by bicycle and by car
- Nearby urbanization (we recommend watching the sunset at the Isabella bar).
- 10-15 minutes by car from Fornells.
- One of the best known beaches in the north of Menorca: reddish sand and completely virgin.
- Parking 10 minutes walk from the beach with a small bar and toilets.
- It is highly recommended to stay until sunset and see it at the stunning Cavallería lighthouse (just 1-2km from the beach).
Binimel·la and pregonda
- Typical beaches in the north of Menorca: red sand, undeveloped and very wild
- 15 minutes by car from Fornells
- Pregonda, one of the island’s must-see jewels, is about a 30-minute walk west from Binimel·la. Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.
- The small beaches near Binimel·la that are located on the east side of the main beach are also highly recommended.
- Good restaurant in the Binimel·la car park where you can eat paellas, fish, etc.
- We recommend Son Parc if you want white sand and an urbanized beach with restaurants, bars, etc.
- 10 minutes by car from Fornells.
- Chiringuito Es Bruc on the beach highly recommended
Although they are not accessible on foot or by car, it is highly recommended to rent a boat, a kayak or better yet a paddle surf to visit the other side of the bay of Fornells and visit its coves and corners to have a good swim. The truth is that the entire bay of Fornells is a jewel, but from WindFornells we highlight:
S’Arenalet and Cabra Salada beaches located near the mouth of the bay
Two small beaches with white sand and crystal clear water. Only accessible from the sea.
The area behind the islands with beaches such as S’albufereta
Beautiful and very wild area with some beaches with red sand. Highly recommended to go around the island on a paddle board, for example.
Creeks located in the mouth of the bay to have a swim in crystal clear waters
Finally, we have to highlight the small creeks that exist in the mouth of the bay that are beautiful natural pools to have an unforgettable swim. Only accessible by sea. Paddle boarding is perfect to explore this area!
We have already said that in Fornells there is no real sandy beach, but there are great places to have a good swim. Our recommendations:
Sa Caseta Blanca
A beautiful corner that is hidden in the northern part of the town. There are stairs to access it and also to go in and out of the water.
Es Clot de s’Aigu Morta
It is a beautiful natural pool that we access from the north end of the town. Let’s see if you can find it.
This is the easiest and most common place to have a swim in Fornells town. You have Sa Nansa Restaurant/Bar nearby with a very nice terrace with stunning views.
Paddle boarding is perfect to discover the beaches and secret creeks of the bay of Fornells. It is easy and intuitive and allows you to exlore the bay in an active way. Without a doubt, renting a paddle surf and having a tour around the bay of Fornells is a great plan. Make sure, however, that you choose a day with little wind: rowing on high wind conditions becomes much harder.
Fornells is a perfect location for practicing watersports and that is why we practice windsurfing, dinghy sailing and now windfoil in its waters. So how can we not recommend taking advantage of your visit to Fornells to practice some water sport?
Another highly recommended thing to enjoy in Fornells is its gastronomy. You cannot miss its restaurants and typical specialties such as seafood paella, lobster and “caldereta”.
You already have it! We have seen the beaches near Fornells, the small creeks and places that we cannot miss in the bay and finally what to do and how to get the most out of your visit to this beautiful town. Let’s hope you fall in love with Fornells as much as we did!