Amazing watersport that will never get oldfashioned. Very easy for beginners and first-timers. Book today!
WING FOIL LESSONS
- Wing Foil Beginner Course 1.5h high season / 1h+1h low season
- Adult 13+ years old
Wing Foiling is the future!
Wing Foil has arrived, and it’s here to stay. We love it! It fits our philosophy perfectly: wind, sea, and intense sensations. Moreover, it has a lot of advantages compared to windsurfing or kitesurfing, especially in Menorca.
- Much easier in the long run
- Much less demanding in terms of wind conditions
- Very safe, especially if we compare it to kitesurfing.
In short, all these advantages make it special. Wing Foiling is a game changer.
How do we learn wingfoiling fast?
At Wind Fornells, we divide the learning process into two stages.
- You learn how to control the Wing (without the foil). If you have some knowledge of windsurfing or kitesurfing, this will be very easy and intuitive. Moreover, this is already lots of fun!
- You learn how to foil: once we have a good control of the Wing we introduce you to foiling in a progressive way. The key is the equipment. We will use big foils with short masts so that the first contact is a lot more accessible. Little by little we will increase the lenght of the mast and decrease the size of the foil
The key to learning fast is the equipment
Our method is characterized by the use of big foils with short masts at the begining. That makes the first contact with the foil a lot safer and accessible. From then on, we progress with the equipment as we progress ourselves.
Another very important thing is the volume of the board. We start with very stable big boards and little by little we reduce the size as we progress.
There is nothing worse than starting with equipment that is too advanced. It slows down the learning process a lot. Having the full range of boards and foils ensures that you learn quicky.
How long will it take to fly?
We like to say that between 5 and 30 hours is what it takes to fly comfortably on a Wing Foil. Which is very little compared to other sports such as windsurfing or kitesurfing! And don’t worry! You start enjoying the process from the beginning. In fact, just sailing with the wing on a non-foiling board is lots of fun!
If you have a lot of previous experience, especially in windsurfing, kitesurfing or in other modalities of foiling, you will be closer to 5 hours. If you have very little previous experience, then you will be closer to 30. Be that as it may, it is worth spending the necessary time because the sensations are worth it!
For those with no previous experience. This is the first step into Wing Foiling.
- Introduction to basic concepts about the wind.
- Introduction of how to control the Wing on the shore.
- Learning how to sail without drifting with a Wing and a board with no foil.
How many lessons do I need to do at this level?
1 or 2 sessions is usually enough. In most cases, after 2 lessons you are ready for the next level. You will know that you are ready for the next level (learning how to use the foil) when you know how to come and go without drifting, and you can totally control where you are going. You can also combine lessons and rentals, so you can accumulate sailing hours.
If you are a kitesurfer or windsurfer, this will be a very quick step.
For those who already control the Wing without the foil and haven’t used a foil before and for those who have already done a couple of level 1 lessons.
- Begin to go on foil boards
- Knee start
- Improve turns (without flying)
- Introduction to foil take off
How many lessons do I need to do at this level?
The more the better! It is also a good idea to combine lessons and rentals at this point. The idea is to accumulate hours to learn to foil step by step.
The lesson will not be cancelled unless there are less than 6-7 knots. It is a basic lesson where we prepare you for foiling. It is not a 100% flying lesson. If you want flying conditions only, it is best to rent when there are conditions or book the lesson only when you are sure of the wind.
High season (July and August)
- Monday to Saturday, at 12h or 14h
Low season (May, June, September, October)
- Monday to Sunday, flexible schedule
Private sessions with the foil and the boat:
- See schedule in booking page
- Extras: impact vest, helmet, and wetsuit if needed
- Taxes included
- Accident and liability insurance
- A change of clothes and towel
- T-shirt or Lycra if you want to protect yourself from the sun (we only have wetsuits available)
It depends. It is easier to attain a good level of Wing Foiling than a good level of windsurfing. So Wing Foiling is easier long term, but on the first days windsurfing is easier.
No. We have changed our pricing strategy and now we offer our cheapest price directly from the first session, so there are no discounts afterwards.
Our cancellation policies are very flexible. You can cancel (100% refund) your booking up to 1 week before. We accept changes up to 24h before the booking. With less than 24h notice, we don’t accept changes nor cancellations: you have to pay the total amount of the booking.